I don't normally post up notices about contests, but a friend asked me to spread the word. Good people, good cause, done the right way. I know Kevin, and he has buckets of integrity, but the real thrust behind this is that you're donating money toward a good goal.
Poetry Fights Hunger!
The Auburn University Center for the Arts & Humanities announces a national poetry contest to fight world hunger. The winning entry will be chosen by Kevin Pilkington, author of Ready to Eat the Sky, awarded a $500 cash prize, and will be published in the Birmingham Arts Journal. All remaining monies benefit the World Food Programme.
• Send up to 3 poems with an SASE for contest results to Poetry Fights Hunger Contest, Pebble Hill, Auburn University, AL 36849-5637
• Include your name, address and email on the back of each page of each poem.
• We do NOT accept previously published poems.
• Do not send your only copies as poems will not be returned.
• Entry fee: $12/up to 3 poems.
• Make checks payable to Auburn University (indicate in subject space: War on Hunger)
• Deadline: March 1, 2006.
• For more information visit www.auburn.edu/hunger